fssai license fee

FSSAI Registration

@ Rs.1999

Rs. 4,999​

In 1 day * From Any where * At a One Click

Get Quote Instantly in a SecondFlag

Who requires a Food License?

Succinctly place, each business connected to food entails FSSAI registration. If your business falls in anyone of the below-listed classes, then a food license is necessary for you

  • Procurement
  • Manufacture
  • Distribution
  • Processing
  • Packaging
  • Storage
  • Hotels
  • Wholesaler
  • Restaurants
  • Food chains
  • Food sellers and resellers
  • Dairy and dairy processing
  • Food importers and exporters
  • Processors like pickle and dry fruit maker
  • Raw material suppliers to food businesses
  • Retailers & establishments who have a retail outlet
  • Simple transporters who transfer items from one location to another
  • Canteens in corporations, schools, colleges, hospitals or government institutions
  • Packaged food manufacturers who produce items such as biscuits and ready to eat products

Storage units and warehouses require a food safety registration instead of a production license.



Documents required for FSSAI Registration Process

  • Basic registration

    – An identity proof that contains a photograph
    – A passport sized photograph
  • State & central license

    – Proof of address
    – Import/export code
    – A passport sized photograph
    – A list of directors or partners
    – A certificate of incorporation
    – The MoA and AoA of the business
    – An identity proof that contains a photograph
    – No Objection Certificate from the local municipality
  • For manufacturing units, besides the above-listed documents, the following are also required:
    – The blueprint of warehouse, plant, etc.
    – A list of all machinery
    – Report of a water test
    – List of all food categories

FSSAI Food License Types

The Basic Registration

 Businesses that are small in turnover – Rs 12 Lakh Per Year

Trades like tea shops, canteens, food processors and small warehouses ideally require this licence. It can be upgraded when the business begins to expand in capacity and profit.


The State Licence

Companies that have a profit greater than 12 lakhs and less than 20 Crores


The Central License

Companies that supply food to governments offices and departments.

– Trades that have a turnover of over Rs. 20 Crores.

– Food import and export commerce

Get Quote Instantly in a SecondFlag